For an extended version of this interview, with exclusive bonus content (including the full transcript), please see here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/30535093
Debbie Jaffe is Managing Director at Endeavor Perú. The year 2019 marks her 10th year in Perú after working at Google and focusing on partnerships for Latin America.
After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, Debbie started her career at the Brookings Institution before making the jump to the tech industry with Accenture in the San Francisco Bay Area. Debbie then earned dual master degrees at Stanford University and joined Google as Marketing Director before focusing on Latin America.
Debbie and I get deep into what Endeavor is like from organizational, beneficiary, and stakeholder perspectives.
In this technical and tactical interview we discuss:
- Just how far the Peruvian ecosystem has come since her first experience at an early e-commerce day
- Her professional and personal connections to Perú
- How her involvement with Endeavor Perú first began as a mentor
- Her various roles in the ecosystem as a leader, angel investor, and mentor
- The emphasis she places on transparency and processes
- The main areas where Endeavor helps its entrepreneurs
- Criteria for becoming an Endeavor entrepreneur
- Possible routes for expansion into Latin America from Perú
We also cover what it’s like celebrating two independence days per year.
If you’re interested in the next phase of startup growth and the impact that a truly global network can have on a company’s growth then you can’t miss this episode.
Enjoy this practical and explanatory conversation with Debbie.
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Stream by clicking here.
- Anchor RSS
- Download as MP3 here.